Sunday, February 22, 2009

Tough Week

This week has been a tough one, as far as weeks go.
I was woken up from a nap at about 3pm on Monday afternoon (Tommy had the day off for President's Day and was sweet enough to let me catch up on some much-needed zzz's) by my mobile phone ringing. It was Mum. I knew it couldn't be good, as it was only 6am in Brisbane, and she was calling instead of emailing.



My Granny had died.

I tell Mum that I am coming to London with her, and she tells me not to. To wait until she gets there and get some accommodation sorted out. Finally, she gives me a day to come, and I can't get a flight until the NEXT day, meaning I would miss Gran's funeral. And I would only be there for four days, which would be very hard on Wesley, especially with the 5 hour time difference.

So I'm not going. :o( And I feel guilty and sad every minute of every day that has past since...

It's Sunday here, right now. A week since Gran died. The funeral is tomorrow. I'm just plain old sad.

Jonathan, Tommy's brother, and Alyssah, Tommy's cousin are here for the weekend. It's good, it's nice. I went to the movies with Aly last night, while the boys stayed home and played video games and drank beer while Wes slept. It was nice to get out of the house, and out of my head for a little while. We went and saw Confessions of a Shopoholic. I've read the entire series, many times over, and loved all of the books. And, whilst the movie wasn't a replica of the book, it was an enjoyable, funny movie.

Wesley is doing well. He slept through the night last night, which was nice. He hasn't been sleeping through for a few weeks. He;s been waking up at about 3am to play. We don't indulge him. When we hear him, one of us goes in to check that he isn't hurt, sick, that he is alright, then we leave him. We don't pick him up, play with him, talk to him. We just see that he is ok.

We wondered why he was waking up, especially seeing as we don't indulge him - and from the billions of things I have read, it is completely normal for babies around 6 months old, who are on the cusp of crawling (and then babies who are on the cusp of walking, too) to wake up and be restless. Apparently they have extra energy during these times, and would rather practice their skills, then sleep. I would rather sleep :oP

But, he slept through last night, and his naps have been longer, too, the last few days, which makes us both happier :o)

And speaking on Wesley, he currently sitting across the table from me, in his high chair, throwing all his toys on the ground, then crying for me to pick them up. He likes this game. I don't. So, I guess its time to go.

I just wanted to quickly update. I love you all and miss you bunches.
I'll always miss you, Granny.

1 comments:

Victoria said...

I'm sorry about your Gran :(